Occupational Therapy focuses on developing and maintaining skills to promote independence and help individuals lead a meaningful and functional life. Our Occupational Therapists support people of all ages from babies to elderly and work with each person and their families to achieve fast and effective results.
Some of the areas our Occupational Therapists can help with include:
- Motor skills – fine and gross motor
- Attention and concentration
- Social and play skills
- Self-care skills – dressing, feeding, toileting
- Visual perception
- Organisational skills
Our occupational therapists are also trained in equipment prescription and home modifications.
Our therapists are trained in prescribing equipment that will help an individual lead a more independent life. This equipment may be:
- Toileting aids
- Beds and mattresses
Our therapists will assess the individuals’ needs and provide a quotation following a trial of the equipment with external providers.
A comprehensive report is provided and submitted to relevant agencies including the NDIS.
Our therapists are trained in assessing and providing recommendations to make the home safer and more accessible. Home modifications includes:
- Assessment of the home environment
- Home visit with a trained builder
- Report writing; including drawings and plans of proposed works
- Submission to relevant bodies including; NDIS and Department of Housing